Pages

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Minglaba, Myanmar

Anyunghasaeyo or Minglaba or Hello!
Currently I'm in Korea meandering the country after spending 5 days in Myanmar on a missions trip. I haven't been updating because I've been too busy enjoying my time in Asia, and because access to a computer is limited as my grandmother doesn't own one lol.
Myanmar was definitely a trying and difficult missions trip. Though we only served the VBS for 3 days and traveled for about 20 hours there and 6 hours back to Korea, I felt as though I was tested and pushed in many ways. It was revealed to me that I don't have too much compassion and I still want to please people more than anything else. Also, my physical health was in the dumps. The second we stopped at LAX, I landed wrong out of the van and because I have a torn ACL, my bones felt as though they became disjointed. It hurt more than when I actually tore it, and started to black out, but thankfully after sitting for a couple minutes felt normal again. That was the only time my knee gave me problems the entire trip! PTL! I loved the country of Myanmar, though extremely humid and traffic-dense, the children at the education center were so passionate about The Lord, they surrendered their entire being to Him because He is their hope. The last day I served was so hard because I became more sick than I have ever felt before, temperature running high and bathroom issues you would not like to know the details of. I was miserable to be quite frank. I found myself not wanting or able to play with the kids or do worship moves, I unfortunately had to lie down through the activities. I was thankfully able to play the guitar for the last set and the way the kids worship is so pure. It seems as though they have no other thought other than The Lord, singing at the top of their lungs. I realized that I worship with the motions and the routine of church conscious of other people. I always feel as though I learn more than I go and share haha. It was definitely physically challenging and the language barrier was rough, but I feel as though going was so much more worth it and I hope to go back someday. Leaving the students was the hardest thing to do, but I know that God is moving in their school. Until next time.

-S.Park

No comments:

Post a Comment