Pages

Saturday, June 21, 2014

The End. Bye.

So last week I had the bitter task of moving out of SLO and back home for the summer. It was actually really upsetting because, though of course I missed my family and my bed, I really felt as though I was leaving a place I had grown accustomed to and my Epic familia. The day before I left, or should I say the morning of, a group of friends and I had a desire to adventure around the SLO area one last time before parting ways to worlds of internships, jobs, home, missions, etc. Norman, Shaina, and I started at SLODOCO and decided to go 4 rounds before the night ended, and we somehow ended up dragging along Danny, David, and A-a-ron, as well. 4 rounds quickly became 6. We then sauntered off to Perfumo Canyon, a rather sketchy mountainous road up to see the stars. The stars were SO BRIGHT as was the full moon. I forgot how pretty SLO was at night, and how you can actually see stars freckle the sky unlike LA. I had to go pee rather urgently, but it was enjoyable while it lasted. Somehow next we ended up at In N Out, and though it smelled heavenly, I ate a nice, large steak before the adventure and was not hungry. So that was three rounds. Our 4th was my personal favorite, the Pismo Beach Pier. It is seriously so amazing seeing the ocean at night, a kind of haunting new perspective. We frolicked hard core on the pier, and took some all too attractive pictures... we're basically a band. Our 5th location was, by Aaron's recommendation, was the SLO cemetery to go see some pyramid. Now this isn't like one of those modern cemeteries with cremated bodies under plaques, there were statues and tombstones over like 90% of the dead people. So creepy. Not to mention the pyramid was like in the back of the lot, I made the guys stand next to me so I don't get sucked in LOL jk... but really. Anyways, we made it to the pyramid and it was made out of granite and was super big, fashioned for a family of three, but the dad was missing nbd. I guess it was a cool experience. Sort of. Our final location was where we began, sweet little SLODOCO. Such a crazy night/morning, not to mention we had our friends' graduations the next morning... I make great decisions in life. It was worth it, though. Coming home is always awesome, and it's finally hitting me that I'm actually going to Myanmar and Korea, and I am so excited! However, I found out I actually tore my ACL, after 4 doctor's appointments in one day lol... It would happen to me haha, but I'm thankful I can get surgery over the summer and not when I'm going to school! Anyways, ramble ramble as for usual. I'll try to keep my blog updated in Asia! (:

With much excitement,
S.Park
PC: ma gurl Shaina Jung!


Round 2: Perfumo Canyon... Danny's a noob


Round 4: Pismo Beach


Round 5: Ze Pyramid and my shadow... oooooh

No comments:

Post a Comment