Pages

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Smorgasbord

Hallo Peoples,
The last few weeks have just been nonstop busy, busy, busy. First off, we had MAPP which was super fun planning and putting together, though at times stressful, it was worth it knowing that the men had a good time! :) I feel like everyone frantically runs around thirty minutes before the men arrive, wondering if everything will get done, but in the end the event runs smoothly, and all that matters is that the men feel appreciated by us women in Epic! They deserve much praise and appreciation for being some of the kindest, funniest, supportive, and derpiest men I have ever met. You go, guys, you go! Other than that, this past weekend was like the randomest weekend I have had this weekend full of events I didn't know I would partake in. On Friday, I got to spend some time talking to my main girl Shains, and during that time we had forgotten to eat because we both had a little snack around dinner time. Before you knew it it was already 10:30 pm, and nothing in SLO is open at that hour, also, we were too lazy to cook. Therefore, we were rolling around the floor commenting on how hungry we were about a hundred million times before Norman, bless his soul, took us to In N Out! Oh my gosh, I don't think In N Out ever tasted so good. Afterwards we spent about three hours at SLODOCO, and we chatted about random things until 4:30, a time that is absolutely past my bedtime by like 6 hours. At least I got fresh donuts out of it. Downside to that, people saw that I turn into a different person in the wee hours of the night, way too tired to act normal. Anyways, on Saturday after discipleship Shaina and I spent all day in the house, definitely rare for us, but I think the occasional staying home and recharging is always a good thing. At night, however, we went to KBBQ at 9 at night for the 15% off deal (my dreams came true that night. I love meat.) and went to watch a horror film, Oculus, if I didn't fall asleep I would've probably told you not to watch it, but I can't say that because whilst closing my eyes, I drifted into a slumber. It was a great last weekend before dead week, which has already been stressful due to some events that have occurred, but just trusting that God has a bigger picture planned has been a lesson in itself. My expectations for this year were different than actuality, but I think that something greater will come out of it... at least one can hope! Happy Dead Week, Y'all!

-S.Park

No comments:

Post a Comment