Pages

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

New Beginning

Hello all,
If you haven't noticed, I took quite a break on this blog. The reason for this isn't anything specific, I just put it on the back burner, however, after a long talk with a friend about our need for creativity, I feel a new sense of excitement for this blog. Throughout the course of this new school year, I have been constantly reading and writing for that "A" I so desired. As an English major, I felt, and still feel, as though I had to prove myself to my classmates, parents, professors, and, most importantly, those who think being an English major is a waste of time. A lust for perfection overtook my original passion for my major. This past week I was studying for my seemingly never-ending, still not over, finals, and I thought to myself "Why did I choose English? Why didn't I choose something that people would respect? If I'm going to work hard anyways, I might as well have chosen something that would gain some respect." Sure I had an easy time telling people that English was the best decision I have ever made, and that I didn't care what people thought of me, but let's just be honest for a second. Talk is cheap. The approval of people was far greater than, not only the confidence I felt in myself, but confidence and satisfaction God has in me. Why am I seeking the respect of people, when the God of all things already loves and approves of me? This got me thinking. Of course, letting go of my need for approval isn't going to go away in one night, but I honestly trust that God is going to lead me in the path that I have chosen. Everyday, I'm learning about the ways in which God has been working in my life, and, though it is a continuous process, I long to do all things for the glory of God. Anyways, I want to continue writing on this blog to document my growth as a person, while including some other knick knacks here and there. Why? Because I can. Also, who wants to read a blog that's all deep and emotional all the time? That is so not me... at all. I'm going to be doing lots of baking recipes, as well as, some light hearted posts about random events that just so happen to frolic into my life. I'm so excited to start this again... can you tell? Lates homies, see ya on da flip side. <-- I have dishonored the language that is English. It's fun to rebel sometimes.
-S.Park

No comments:

Post a Comment