Pages

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Final Frenzy

Gosh, this week has been absolutely crazy! I know this may sound a bit surprising for a college student, but I have never had four finals in a week before. Therefore, I feel like all I've been doing is either studying or sitting in front of my books pretending to study whilst browsing the internet. To be honest, when I started this post I should've be studying for español, but sólo vive una vida, sí? Amidst all of the final craziness, my roommates and I went to the weekly farmer's market in Downtown SLO. Though it was completely freezing, not to mention empty considering normal people wouldn't even think to walk around in the winter weather, we managed to gather the ingredients for some fresh guacamole, peruse the aisles of Urban Outfitters (extra 50% off sale items? Uh duh!),
 and take some pictures by a Christmas tree in a location of downtown we did not know existed. That's the thing about SLO; you think you know all there is to know about the city, but realize that there is always something else that pops out at you. Have I mentioned that I absolutely L.O.V.E. this time of year?! No matter what or who gets me down, one look at the sparkling lights, and I'm a goner. My heart absolutely melts at the sight of anything festive. To close off my time in SLO before winter break, a couple of friends and I went to Cambria spontaneously to walk through a field of Christmas lights upon Christmas lights. Though I was initially reluctant to go, considering I wanted to lay around and roll up and down my household to celebrate the end of finals season, I am so glad I did. It was simply beautiful, magical, and I was completely wonderstruck. It's crazy how you think you know how your day is going to end, but it turns out to be opposite of what you were planning. Isn't that always the case?
Ain't she a beaut?
- S.Park

No comments:

Post a Comment