Pages

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Work Hard, Play Hard

Hello interweb, I have been MIA due to an extremely stressful week of nonstop work and studying. Today I can finally say... I AM FREE! For now, that is. My English core class has been a pain in the you know where; the midterm is filled with quote identification, date memorization, character analysis, and, to top it off, an essay! Sounds fun, right? Super. However, as of 10 o'clock this morning, I am a free woman, and as happy as I am when I'm eating, well maybe not to that extent, but pretty darn close. Throughout these stressful times, however much I complain, I am thankful for the eduction I am thoroughly blessed with and a family that never fails to love and support me. On that note, my mother drove two and a half hours north to come visit me in SLO! Just a spontaneous little visit, bringing me one of my favorite Korean soups, eating lunch with me at my favorite sushi spot in SLO, and frolicking around Pismo Beach. I am so undeserving. God has blessed me so, so, so much, and I know His love is unconditional.
On another note, Shaina Bo Baina and I celebrated our friendaversary (four months late, might I add) at a fancy shmancy outdoor restaurant, Novo's for their restaurant prix fix menu. It was delightful! My mouth waters when I think about the tender, soft, fall-off-the-bone beef short ribs and the spicy sweet combination of chicken Piri Piri and apple slaw. Shaina has been more than a great friend to me, and has listened to all my worries, struggles, and complaints, and is able to celebrate my accomplishments, as well. I realized how important it is to have a friend you can YOLO with, while being able to talk to them about faith and struggles. It's all about the give and take. Sometimes you listen, sometimes you talk. Sometimes you give, sometimes you receive, and I believe my friendship with Shaina has been one of the most balanced friendships I have had. You feelin sentimental yet?

-S.Park
Friendship Date Night at Novo's! 

We ate outside, right by the creek
Tried Doc Burnstein's for the first time... went kinda crazy with the scoops... the more the merrier, right?
Mommy Park and the best Sukiyaki ever... why doesn't she get older sheesh
Deep talk with Cacs at Scout 

No comments:

Post a Comment